We understand that privacy is important to you and we strive to be transparent about our data practices. We are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what we do with it.
The Information We Collect
When using OpenSourceCoin Platform, we may ask for certain information from you such as: your name, email address, phone number and any other contact details that can help us provide a better experience for you. We also collect certain technical data such as: IP address, device type, browser type, operating system version, language settings etc. Additionally, we may collect payment related information such as credit card numbers or other banking details if required in order to facilitate payments in connection with our services.
How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information collected through our Website for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed on our Website at the time of collection. Generally speaking, we use your personal information to:
• Provide services requested by users;
• Develop new features and improve existing features on OpenSourceCoin Platform;
• Monitor user activity;
• Send promotional emails and notifications about new products;
• Answer customer queries;
• Enable third-party integrations (if relevant).
In some cases, we may also aggregate your personal data for statistical purposes so that it does not directly identify you but provides us with general trends or insights into user behaviour. We may share this aggregate data with third parties for industry analysis such as market research companies or advertisers.
How We Share Your Information
In certain cases we may need to share your personal information with third parties but only if necessary in order to provide a service requested by you or required by law. Examples of such situations include:
• Providing payment methods like credit cards which will require sharing banking credentials with third party payment processors;
• Disclosing data when necessary in order to comply with applicable laws or regulations;
• Sharing data when necessary in responding to subpoenas, court orders etc.;
• Transferring data to a third party in case of a corporate restructuring such as merger/acquisition etc.;
• Sending promotional emails on behalf of our partners if you have explicitly opted-in for such marketing communications from those partners;
• Allowing external consultants/freelancers access to limited user data while they are working on specific projects related to OpenSourceCoin Platform (e.g., bug fixes etc.).
We make sure that all our service providers contractually agree not to misuse any of the user data shared by us and are bound by appropriate confidentiality/security clauses whenever possible before sharing any user data externally. Additionally, none of these service providers will be able process your personal information unless specifically instructed by us and they must take appropriate security measures when processing the same so that no unauthorized access is allowed during the course of processing the data entrusted upon them by us.
Security & Retention Of Your Data
We take reasonable steps designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use alteration or disclosure using various security measures like encryption technologies and authentication tools deployed across OpenSourceCoin Platform for better protection of user privacy rights online including through:
• Two-factor authentication via SMS/email verification codes;
• Encryption of sensitive credentials like bank account numbers entered through payment gateways using TLS protocol (Transport Layer Security);
• Strictly controlled internal access management mechanisms for limiting which employees have access to which types of customer-specific private/sensitive user data based on role-based security controls;
• Regular vulnerability scans conducted periodically across every layer within OpenSourceCoin Platform architecture including network infrastructure elements like hardware firewalls etc.;
We shall retain your personal information only until it is needed for meeting legal requirements under applicable laws upon expiry of which it will either be anonymized (aggregated) before deletion or securely destroyed depending upon nature of the same on file within our servers thus ensuring complete privacy & security compliance all times than ever before even after closure/termination of account(s) associated with a particular end-user profile(s) opting out from accessing Open Source Coin online portals forevermore once deleted permanently due thereto conclusively wisely beyond recall whatsoever!